Monday, October 10, 2011

BRAVING THE ONLINE

Posted by shierylssi at 8:42 AM
I am recently adjusting my time at night for jobs that entail online focus and not wandering around Facebook. I had problems with my teeny weeny net book in Skype but I managed to get by with a little panic and craziness in between. So much for that introduction. I am teaching online and I guess I need a handful of Asians to complete my Asianovela cast.

I have Chinese students whom I teach IELTS-which by the way, I don't even have experience in. Yes, that's what I call gutsy. It sounds interesting and I am very eager to learn but my experience says otherwise. haist! I actually shows in the manner I speak or talk to them. My first class today gave me chills not because of fear but because of frustration. She commented that she can't adapt to me. What? Adapting is not the right word girl. You probably mean you can't understand me. hahaha. I get it now, but she told my trainer otherwise. She told my trainer that I didn't help her and there is long silence between us. WTH? Anyway, I am not giving up on these Chinese kids. Wait 'till I am better and I'll teach you what IELTS is all about. I guess I need to practice more and be confident next time. Whatever!(good thing my trainer is soo patient and understanding.)

I also have a Japanese student with his mom who regularly talks to me online. Of course they paid me. I won't go talking about blah blah blah without earning something. One thing I like about the class is that it is conversational in nature. We can talk anything we want and for as long as 1 hour. The Chinese class pays very well but I am loving the Japanese set up. No pressure, just plain talk and with sense. I don't know how long this will last but I am pretty sure that I'm in as long as it wants my professional skills.(ehem!) Until now, I can't still get over the Chinese kid I taught a while ago. I pity her because she didn't like me but I felt sorry for myself too for not making the mark. 'Till next online adventure sonsaengnim(korean for teacher)!!!Aja fighting!Ciao!!!

0 comments:

 

CANDID MOMENTS AND THOUGHTS in LIFE Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review